- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 (5.1 oz) packages instant banana pudding
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen whipped topping
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- Vanilla wafers, as needed, for garnish
- Prepare cake according to directions on box in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Once the cake has cooled slightly, poke holes all over the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together one package of the pudding with 3 cups of milk, then quickly pour over cake before it sets so it can seep down into the holes. Place in refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the other package of pudding with 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of the whipped topping. Allow to sit and thicken.
- Thinly slice bananas and arrange over the entire cake. Spread pudding/whipped topping mixture over the bananas.
- Top with a layer of whipped topping and garnish with crushed and whole vanilla wafers, if desired. Enjoy!