“I was looking for a new banana bread and started trying some things. When I came up with this one, the kids and wife just loved it and my mother in-law wants me to make it for her.”
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant hot chocolate mix
- 3 bananas, peeled
- 1 large fresh peach – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 5×9-inch loaf pan.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and hot chocolate mix; stir well.
- Place bananas, peach, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a blender; blend until smooth. Stir into butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Mix flour, walnuts, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; stir into banana-butter mixture until flour mixture is just moistened. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of bread comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring bread to a wire rack to cool completely.