- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced very fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large (russet) baking potatoes, 12 ounces each or 1½ pounds total
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 1 baking sheet with foil and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cut the potatoes lengthwise in half and in half again. Cut each piece into ¼-½ inch thick strips. Place on the baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and garlic. Use your hands to evenly coat. Spread the potatoes evenly over the entire pan. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Bake uncovered in the center of the oven until tender crisp and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes on each side. Baking time will vary depending on how thick your pieces are and your oven. Set your timer for 20 minutes and check.
3. Remove from oven and sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese and a little garlic powder. Add a little more salt and pepper, if desired.
Makes 5 servings. Each serving about 1⅓ cups. (Makes 6 cups total)
for 1 serving
1g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 5