Makes about 30 crackers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package butter crackers (like Townhouse or Club crackers, either rectangular or oval in shape)
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a lined baking sheet. (Leave a little space in between the crackers for the bacon, as it will hang over the edges of the crackers.)
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers (about 1 heaping teaspoon per cracker). Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.
Tell us the truth, did you even need to keep reading after you saw the word bacon, or were you already convinced that you were going to make this recipe? Let us know what else you like to put bacon on.
Recipe adapted from Debbie Doo’s