This is my Aunt Faye’s recipe. It’s a pound cake, but it’s not heavy at all. It’s loved by many.
1 box duncan hines butter recipe cake mix
1 c cake flour
1 c sugar
1 c sour cream, room temp
1 stick butter, room temp
5 eggs, room temp
1/4 c oil
1/4 c water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter flavoring
1 tsp almond extract
2 c powered sugar
1/4 c lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray tube bundt pan generously with Baker’s Joy.
2. Mix ingredients for cake together until smooth. Do not overmix.
3. Pour batter into pan and bake for 55 -65 minutes until done (Use the fork or tooth pick test). Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes and invert to serving dish.
4. While cake is cooling mix powdered sugar and lemon juice to desired texture. It is only a glaze, so it should been a thick nectar consistency.
5. Pour glaze over cake a little at a time spreading with the back of a spoon allowing it to soak into the still warm cake.
6. Serve warm or room temperature…..it doesn’t matter!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!