- cooking spray
- 2 oz diced pancetta
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, add the pancetta and cook until golden; about 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, set aside on paper towels leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, and leave without stirring, 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Turn, add the shallots and cook until the potatoes are golden brown, and shallots are caramelized, stirring about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, cover the skillet with lid or foil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender crisp. Remove the lid, taste for salt and adjust if needed. Return pancetta to the skillet.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs as desired. Serve right away topped with egg.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup hash, 1 egg
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 217
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
- Sodium: 531mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 12g