Who doesn’t like a nice piece of coffee cake for breakfast, or anytime, for that matter? Especially for overnight company… it’s just a real treat. So, instead of running to the grocery store and buying donuts or coffee cake, just make this one up in no time. Your guests and family will love you even more for it. Mine did!
Cook time: 35 Min
Prep time: 10 Min
1 pkg white cake mix (15.25 oz)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c sour cream
1/4 c water
*1 can apple pie filling (21 oz)
1 c confectioners’ sugar
1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
1. Heat oven to 350º F.
2. Beat the first 5 ingredients with a mixer until well blended.
3. Pour into a greased and floured (or spray with Pam) 13×9-inch pan. Top with spoonfuls of pie filling. The cake will bake up over the filling.
4. Bake 35 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool 10 min.
6. For the glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk. If the glaze is too thick to drizzle, add milk, by teaspoonfuls, until desired consistency.
7. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely before slicing.
8. *Substitute: Change the flavor of the coffee cake by preparing with your favorite pie filling, such as blueberry, apple or strawberry.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!