- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted, plus more for sprinkling on the cookies
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the shortening, confectioner’s sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla . Slowly add in flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in pecan bits.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out dough and roll into balls (or other shapes). Place on prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, until just slightly browned. Cool for about 10 minutes before sprinkling confectioner’s sugar on top.