- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups saltine crackers, crushed (1 sleeve of crackers, roughly)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed cream of mushroom soup, whole milk, then stir in freshly chopped parsley. Set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine ground beef, crushed saltines, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders, and cayenne, then season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands or two forks, combine ingredients until just mixed. Gently form into even-sized patties.
- Place 1 cup all-purpose flour (or more, as needed) in a shallow dish and dredge all patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and, once very hot, sear patties on both sides until golden brown. You may need to work in batches. Insides will still be undercooked.
- Transfer browned patties to greased baking dish, then evenly top with gravy and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.