- A good cut of beef chuck for the roast itself; this recipe calls for about 2 2.5-pound chucks, but I usually just make one 2-3 pound piece. Make sure that it is marbled and has lots of fat. The better the cut, the more delicious the roast.
- 1 packet dry salad dressing – Italian
- 1 packet dry salad dressing – Ranch
- 1 packet dry Brown Gravy
- ½ cup of water
- Mix the salad and gravy packets with water, pour over the roast and set in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low.
- If you want to thicken the gravy after the roast is cooked, add some flour in a skillet with the au jus.
Simplest pot roast slow cooker pot roast recipe with only 4 ingredients that tastes amazing